Friday, December 23, 2011

XLIII on foot







One of the best experiences in my life occurred while I was living in Pennsylvania. I met a gentleman who invited me to his reenactent group, The 43rd on foot and I took part in the Battle of Germantown 2010 refight. I'm not new in reenactment. I take the role of a roman soldier every year in Tarragona but being in a line formation with more people firing blackpowder volleys was amazing!. You can feel the adrenaline rush inside your body and start guessing how could be in a real battle. I felt biting the cartridge, reloading and firing at the NCO orders as an automat. Trully it was awesome.

I post some pictures of the event. By the way, the redcoat with Union Jack of 43rd regiment at his back its me.


As a bonus, I post the painted 1/72 regiment prepared to assault Bunker Hill. Miniatures from ACTA (one of the best sets ever), painting with Vallejo and army painter and based to play "British Grenadier". Flags from "Flags for the Lads".

No comments:

Post a Comment